ZOOM WEBINAR PRESENTATION
Check email for zoom registration link. You can register in advance.
Abstract: Pincer transition metal complexes have versatile reactivities to catalyze many organic transformations and to activate strong chemical bonds. In particular, complexes with ligand derived from tridentate pyridine-based framework exhibit interesting reactivities. We have
developed a novel platform of pincer-type PN3(P)-ligands which are capable of interacting with the substrates during the reaction. Rich reactivities have been observed with their catalytic activities being explored. In very recent work, we have witnessed that the seemingly small
change by replacing the CH2 spacer in the pyridine-based pincer complex with an NH group has dramatically influenced the thermodynamic and kinetic properties, and in some cases the catalytic behaviors of the corresponding metal complexes. It is conceivable that this new class
of transition metal pincer complexes will offer exciting opportunities for the development of novel catalytic applications in the petrochemical and energy sectors.
1. Li, H.; Gonçalves, T. P.; Lupp, D.; Huang, K.-W. ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 1619-1629.
2. US Patent No. 8,598,351 (2013); Title: Phospho-Amino Pincer-Type Ligands and Catalytic Metal Complexes
3. Li, H.; Zheng, B.; Huang, K.-W. Coord. Chem. Rev. 2015, 293-294, 116-138.
4. Gonçalves, T. P.; Huang, K.-W. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 13442-13449
5. Eppinger, J.; Huang, K.-W. ACS Energy Lett. 2017, 2, 188-195.
6. Zhang, Y.; Chen, X.; Zheng, B.; Guo, X.; Pan, Y.; Chen, H.; Li, H.; Min, S.; Guan, C.; Huang, K.-W.; Zheng, J. Proc.
Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2018, 115, 12395-12400.
7. Li, H.; Gonçalves, T. P.; Hu, J. Zhao, Q.; Gong, D.; Lai, Z.; Wang, Z.; Zheng, J.; Huang, K.-W. J. Org. Chem. 2018,
8. Wang, X.; Ang, E. P. L.; Guan, C.; Zhang, W.; Wu, W.; Liu, P.; Zheng, N.; Zhang, D.; Lopatin, S.; Lai, Z.; Huang,
K.-W. ChemSusChem 2018, 11, 3591-3598.
9. Chen, T.; Li, H.; Qu, S.; Zheng, B.; Lai, Z.-P.; Wang, Z.-X.; Huang, K.-W. Organometallics 2014, 33, 4152-4155.
10. Qu, S.; Dang, Y.; Song, C.; Wen, M.; Huang, K.-W.; Wang, Z.-X. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 4974-4991.